Welcome 6D students and parents! 6D started the year with a few getting to know you games and with a challenge: the class was divided into two groups were given the task to build something that represents a story from the Torah using a variety of blocks from the TBS Children’s Center. Both groups coincidently choose to build Noah’s Ark and were given toy animals to add to their “provided materials.” Each team worked together to figure out how to use the materials given to make a well-designed ark. I was impressed with their cooperation and ability to listen and incorporate everyone’s ideas. I also was excited that every student participated with enthusiasm. This year the 6th grade curriculum is focused on learning about Torah through a variety of approaches and I hope that the enthusiasm continue throughout the year!
Sounds like a fun first day! I love how you used such a variety of materials to keep things interesting.
ReplyDeleteThanks to these great 6th graders for thoughtfully leaving their Noah's ark creation behind for the Tel Aviv Children's Center Students to play with. What a great gift!
ReplyDelete