Sunday, December 16, 2012

Knowing G-d

Today during class, we did an activity based on things that we find sacred. The students drew pictures of places they believe are sacred. They enthusiastically shared them with their classmates. Also, the students discussed "knowing G-d" and how we feel about G-d, as well as described G-d in their own words. Here are some of the questions and responses;

How do you feel when you think about G-d?
Ian: "Safe, Happy, Grateful"
Adam: "Important, Look up to someone"
Jordan: "Safe, not alone, even if I am physically by myself."
Lizzy: "Protected, like nothing can hurt me."
Jack:"Unstoppable, like I have a connection with Him."
Ashley: "I feel I always have someone to talk to."
Nate: "Strong because He is there for me."
Carly: "I know he will always be there for me."
Danny: "When I talk to him, everything zones out, I feel as if it's just me and G-d in the room."
Sammy:"When you ask people about G-d, they will answer with their own perspective, so there is no right or wrong answer/feeling/opinion."

How would you describe G-d?
Talia: "Ruler of the world."
Carly: "Creator.
Lily: "King."
Nate: "Everything and Everywhere."
Spencer: "Sacred, he is the One who created all of us."











No comments:

Post a Comment